Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Friday, December 28, 2012

Chief's Briefing for December 19 through December 24, 2012

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of December 19 through December 24, 2012.

We responded to 45 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:

Fire: 5

EMS/Rescue: 24

Hazardous Condition: 2

Service Call: 6

Good Intent: 3

False Call: 5

Wednesday, December 19 at approximately 7:34 am:

E1 was dispatched on a report of a commercial fire alarm at BHS.  Initial dispatch information indicated that the alarm was a water flow alarm.  Upon arrival, E1 made contact with an occupant of the building who stated that a sprinkler head had been activated.  E1 requested L1 to respond to the scene to assist with cleanup.  L1 arrived on scene and shut off water supply to the building in order to stop the sprinkler head from flowing.  The sprinkler head was activated by a large flame produced by a science demonstration.  E1 and L1 assisted with water removal from the classroom.  Once the water was cleaned up and all hazards were addressed the scene was handed over to the sprinkler system contractor.  E1 and L1 cleared the scene and returned to quarters. 

Thursday, December 20 at approximately 10:26 am:

E4 was dispatch on a report of a vehicle fire.  E4 arrived on scene to find one vehicle fully involved and fire spreading to a second vehicle.  E4 crew began extinguishing the fire using a foam attack line.  The owner of the vehicle told E4 that they heard the car alarm going off and then noticed that fire was coming out of the passenger area.  The damage to the second vehicle was confined to the driver’s side.  Once all hazards were addressed, E4 crew placed all equipment back in service and returned to quarters.

Saturday, December 22 at approximately 3:12 pm:

All BFR units were dispatched on a reported structure fire.  Initial dispatch information indicated that there was possibly a fire in the garage of a residence.  E4 arrived on scene and found light smoke coming from the garage of a residence.  E4 established command.  All occupants were out of the residence and advised E4 that a fire started in a garage while occupants were working on a vehicle.  Gasoline had leaked on the floor and ignited and one occupant extinguished the fire with a fire extinguisher.  E4 found the fire to be out upon arrival.  Command cancelled all other units except E2.  E2 was requested to stand by on the scene.  E4 checked the entire garage area as well as parts of the house for any possible extension of fire using a thermal imaging camera.  An electric fan was used to ventilate the garage.  All occupants denied needing any medical attention.  Once the investigation was complete and it was confirmed that no hazards were present command was terminated.  E4 and E2 returned to quarters. 

Sunday, December 23 at approximately 2:41 pm:

E3 dispatched on a report of a person having a seizure.  E3 arrived on scene and found one patient lying on the sidewalk.  E3 immediately began providing advanced medical care.  Patient had been walking and appeared to have suffered a seizure type event.  EMS arrived on scene and the patient was moved to the ambulance.  One member of E3 crew rode into the hospital with the EMS unit to assist with further patient care.  Once the ambulance was en route, E3 cleared the scene and returned to service.