Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Fire Chief's Briefing for November 25 through November 30, 2012

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of November 25 through November 30, 2012.
We responded to 45 emergency calls for service.
These calls can be broken down into the following categories:
Fire: 1
EMS/Rescue: 26
Hazardous Condition: 1
Service Call: 3
Good Intent: 6
False Call: 8
Monday, November 26 at approximately 7:48 pm:
E3 was dispatched on an automatic aid alarm with Franklin Fire for a reported Structure Fire in Franklin. Franklin Fire units were first to arrive on scene and reported a chimney fire. BFR E3 arrived on scene and provided manpower assistance until the fire was contained and extinguished. With the scene under control, E3 was released to return to quarters.
Wednesday, November 28 at approximately 9:45 am:
E3 was dispatched on a report of a fire sprinkler activation in a commercial structure. Crew members arrived on scene and were met by the property owner who stated that there was no fire, but a sprinkler had discharged in the “Hot Yoga” room. E3 controlled the water flow to minimize damage to the building. Once the system was shut down, crew members squeegeed water from the room and requested R1 to respond with the water vacuum. Occupants of the building reported that the heating system used to warm the room for class had caused a sprinkler head to activate. During the course of investigation, E3 discovered that engineering errors had resulted in the heating discharge for the room being located too close to the sprinkler head.  The sprinkler head activated exactly as designed, so there was no malfunction. Before leaving the scene E3 and R1 removed as much water as possible from the structure. The property owner was advised that a fire watch would need to be posted while the building was occupied and that the sprinkler contractor would need to reset the system. The situation was turned over to the Codes department to correct the existing issues.  With no further hazards found, E3 cleared the scene.
Friday, November 30 at approximately 5:40 pm:
E1 was dispatched on a report of a personal injury accident. Upon arrival, crew members found a two car rear end collision. The driver of the second vehicle was unrestrained, but due to relatively low vehicle speed at the time of the collision their obvious injuries were minor. E1’s Firefighter/Paramedic treated the PT for a golf ball-sized hematoma on their head before transferring care to EMS. The PT was fully immobilized on a long spine board before being loaded into the ambulance for non-emergency transport to an area hospital.