Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fire Chief's Briefing for September 24 through September 29, 2012

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of September 24 through September 29, 2012.

We responded to 43 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:

Fire: 1

EMS/Rescue: 24

Hazardous Condition: 2

Service Call: 5

Good Intent: 4

False Call: 7

Wednesday, September 24 at approximately 6:59 pm: 

E4 was dispatched on a report of a mulch fire. Upon arrival, crew members found the homeowner wetting an area of landscaping with a pitcher of water. The fire had been extinguished prior to arrival. The homeowner stated that their child had been caught in the act of using an accelerant and a match to create a ‘flamethrower’ by a passerby. E4 crew members were requested to speak to the juvenile about the dangers of their actions and possible consequences of further behavior of this type. The parent was also referred to BFR’s Fire Marshall about placing the child in a juvenile arson setter’s program. With no further hazards, E4 cleared the scene and returned to quarters.

Thursday, September 25 at approximately 11:02 am: 

E1 Responded non - emergency on a report of a flooded kitchen. Crew members were met at the door by the home owner who stated that they had broken a supply line to the kitchen sink which was now flooding the home.  E1 located the water shutoff valve in the front yard and secured the water.  Crew members then proceeded to assist the home owner with cleaning up the water in the kitchen, dining room and basement.  Once the majority of the water was removed, E1 returned to quarters.

Thursday, September 25 at approximately 8:15 pm: 

E2 was dispatched on a report of one PT unresponsive. Upon arrival, crew members found the PT unresponsive but with a pulse and spontaneous, albeit inadequate, respiration's. The PT was assessed, including a full set of vital signs, which determined that the PT’s blood glucose level was too low. Oxygen therapy was initiated as well as bag valve mask ventilation. An intra-osseous IV was established and a 50% dextrose solution was administered. The PT’s blood glucose level improved, but they did not regain consciousness and their breathing did not improve. E2’s paramedic established an endotracheal tube to further assist with ventilations once the PT was moved to the ambulance. EMS transported the PT emergency traffic to an area hospital with on BFR Firefighter/EMT-IV on board to provide further care while enroute.