Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fire Chief's Briefing for October 18 through October 25, 2012

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of October 18 through October 25, 2012.


We responded to 61 emergency calls for service.


These calls can be broken down into the following categories:

Fire: 2

EMS/Rescue: 39

Service Call: 2

Good Intent: 6

False Call: 12


Friday, October 19 at approximately 6:29 pm:

E3 was dispatched on a report of a possible heart attack. A BPD unit in the area arrived on scene first and found the PT lying on the ground in a parking lot. The officer initiated CPR prior to E3’s arrival. Upon arrival, E3’s paramedic found the PT unresponsive, pulseless and breathless. CPR was continued and Advanced Life Support protocols were initiated to include airway management, bag valve mask ventilations, oxygen therapy and cardiac monitoring. The PT was defibrillated and regained spontaneous circulation and respiration briefly before once again becoming pulseless and breathless. EMS arrived on scene and as PT care was transferred E3’s Paramedic administered cardiac resuscitation medications. Additional medications were administered by EMS, and the PT again regained spontaneous circulation. Crew members loaded the PT into the ambulance for emergency transport to an area hospital with one Firefighter EMT-IV on board to provide further care while enroute. While enroute, EMS crew members initiated hypothermic protocols in order to give the PT the best chance for survival.


Saturday, October 20 at approximately 5:51 am:

E1 was dispatched on a report of a property damage accident upgrade. BPD was on the scene of a ‘T-Bone’ style wreck, but due both to damage and positioning of the vehicle, the driver was unable to exit. E1 arrived on scene and found the vehicle resting against a building. Crew members extricated the driver through the driver’s side rear door. Once the driver was out of the vehicle they began complaining of minor injuries. As a precaution, the driver was placed in full cervical immobilization and transported to an area hospital for further treatment and evaluation.


Monday, October 22 at approximately 11:17 pm:

All BFR units were dispatched on a report of a commercial structure fire in a restaurant kitchen. Upon arrival, E1 was met by the janitorial staff who had found a small grease fire and smell of gas in the kitchen. L1 was directed to turn off the gas to the building while E1 removed the pot from the stove. A grease buildup had ignited, and was quickly extinguished with a fire extinguisher. With all hazards mitigated, all units not on the scene were cancelled. E1 and L1 cleared the scene and returned to quarters.


Tuesday, October 23 at approximately 7:01 am:

E3 was dispatched on a report of uncontrolled bleeding. Upon arrival, crew members found one PT with severe, uncontrolled bleeding coming from a large laceration on their arm. The PT had been attempting to repair a large glass door when the glass shattered, causing the injury. E3 applied pressure and bandages to the wound in an attempt to stem the bleeding. EMS arrived on scene, care was transferred and the PT was transported non-emergency to an area hospital for further treatment.


Tuesday, October 23 at approximately 8:31 pm:

E3, E2, R1 and C3 were dispatched on a mutual aid call to assist the Williamson County Rescue Squad with a report of an overturned vehicle off the roadway with entrapment. E3 arrived on scene with EMS to find one vehicle on its roof in a ravine. E3’s Paramedic and EMS accessed the PT but determined that they did not survive the wreck. The scene was turned over to Law Enforcement until they completed their investigation. E2 and C3 were released from the scene. Once the investigation was complete, E3 and R1 assisted Squad members with stabilizing the vehicle and recovering the victim. Afterwards, R1 was released from the scene. E3 remained on scene while a towing company recovered the vehicle. Once it was determined there were no further hazards, E3 cleared the scene and returned to quarters.


Wednesday, October 24 at approximately 9:53 pm:

All BFR units were dispatched on a report of a Structure Fire. E2 and R1 arrived on scene first and found a pool storage building heavily involved with fire. Crew members stretched a hose line and quickly extinguished the fire before it could spread to the main home. C3 arrived on scene and assumed Incident Command. E4 arrived and established a water supply before performing salvage and overhaul operations. All other units were cancelled enroute. Once all hazards were mitigated, all units returned to quarters.