Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fire Chief's Briefing for September 3 through September 8, 2013

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of September 3 through September 8, 2013.

We responded to 62 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:

Fire: 5

EMS/Rescue: 36

Service Call: 4

Good Intent: 4

False Call: 12

Other: 1

Here is an overview of significant events from this period’s activities:

Tuesday, September 3 at approximately 12:24 am:

E4 was dispatched on a report of a vehicle fire in the driveway of a home. Upon arrival crew members found one vehicle heavily involved with fire and threatening to extend to the adjacent home. The fire was extinguished before it could spread, although there was minor damage to the structure due to radiant heat from the burning auto. Once the fire was extinguished and smoke was removed from the garage, E4 cleared the scene and returned to quarters.

Wednesday, September 4 at approximately 7:00 am:

E1 was dispatched on a report of an unresponsive person with CPR in progress. Upon arrival crew members found the PT lying in the driveway of a home with bystanders performing CPR. E1 immediately took over CPR, inserted airway adjuncts and attached their AED. Defibrillation was administered and CPR was continued. EMS arrived on scene and PT care was transferred. The PT was loaded into the waiting ambulance where advanced life support was continued to include intubation and intravenous administration of resuscitation medications. The PT was transported emergency traffic to an area hospital with two firefighters on board to provide further care.

Friday, September 6 at approximately 11:43 pm:

E3 and R1 were dispatched on a report of a single vehicle accident on I-65 Northbound. While enroute to the scene, responders were notified that two pedestrians had been struck by a second vehicle. Upon arrival crew members found three patients with minor injuries and two who had succumbed to their injuries. E3 established command and requested E2 on a second alarm to the scene for assistance. BPD shut down the interstate while fire personnel tended to the injured parties, who were transported non-emergency to an area hospital for further evaluation and treatment. Once the scene was under control it was turned over to THP to conduct an investigation. Fire units remained on scene to assist with manpower and lighting. Once this was complete all units were released from the scene.

Saturday, September 7 at approximately 1:42 pm:

Station 2 personnel were in the apparatus bay when they heard the screeching of tires and looked up in time to witness a 2 car head on collision in front of Fire Station 2. The firefighters responded to the scene to find two vehicles involved, one with heavy damage to the front end. The driver of the less damaged vehicle was standing by their car but the other driver was not able to exit on their own. Crew members quickly utilized the hydraulic tools on Rescue 1 to extricate the driver. Both drivers complained of minor injuries, but only the driver that had required extrication needed to be transported to the hospital once EMS arrived. After EMS cleared the scene, fire crews assisted with clearing debris and leaking fluids from the roadway before returning to quarters.

Saturday, September 7 at approximately 2:32 pm:

E1 and C3 were dispatched on a report of a snake in a residence. Upon arrival crew members found a small garden snake in the living room. The snake was captured without incident and released unharmed in a nearby wooded area before fire units returned to quarters.

Saturday, September 7 at approximately 2:50 pm:

E2 was dispatched to the area of Pine Terrace Drive for a report of smoke in the area. As crew members approached the railroad tracks they found an area approximately 200 yards long following the path of the tracks that was lightly smoldering and involved with spot fires. E2 utilized hand tools and pressurized water cans to begin extinguishment. Upon hearing E2’s radio report, E1 surmised that a train car malfunction may have caused sparks and that other areas may have spot fires. E1 found a small fire along the tracks in the area of Peach Court. E1 utilized their hand tools to extinguish the fire. Once all fires were extinguished E1 and E2 returned to quarters.