Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fire Chief's Briefing for August 28 through September 2, 2013

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency activities for the period of August 28 through September 2, 2013.

We responded to 42 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:

Fire: 2

EMS/Rescue: 21

Hazardous Condition: 3

Service Call: 1

Good Intent: 6

False Call: 9

Here is an overview of significant events from this period’s activities:

Thursday, August 29 at approximately 4:37 pm:

E1 was dispatched on a report of a gas leak.  Initial dispatch information indicated that a gas smell and hissing sound were present outside of a residence.  E1 arrived on scene to find a service line to a residential gas meter disconnected and leaking gas.  A technician from the gas company arrived on scene right after E1 and secured the leaking gas line.  E1 personnel used their gas monitor to check inside the residence for any further leaks.  The doors and windows to the residence were also opened to assist with ventilation.  Once the gas levels inside the home returned to zero and all hazards were addressed E1 cleared the scene. 

Friday, August 30 at approximately 9:26 am:

E1 was dispatched on a medical call for a report of injuries from a fall.  E1 arrived on scene and found a patient with a significant fracture.  E1 immediately began providing patient care including IV access and further trauma assessment.  EMS arrived on scene and E1 personnel assisted with splinting of the injured extremity.  Once the patient was moved to ambulance and stabilized, EMS transported the patient to a local hospital.  E1 cleared the scene and returned to quarters.

Friday, August 30 at approximately 2:17 pm:

All BFR units were dispatched on a report of a residential structure fire.  Initial dispatch information indicated that a resident’s microwave had caught on fire and possibly spread to the kitchen.  E2, C3 and E11 arrived on scene to find a residential structure with nothing showing.  C3 established command.  E2 personnel made contact with the homeowner and a light haze was noticeable inside the home.  The homeowner indicated that they had extinguished the fire in the microwave with a fire extinguisher but was unsure if the fire had spread to other areas.  E2 crew members investigated the inside of the structure using a thermal imaging camera.  The defective microwave was removed from the structure and no further hazards were found.  Command cancelled all other responding units.  BFR personnel used an electric exhaust fan to remove the remaining smoke from the home.  Command advised the homeowner to get an electrician to examine electrical system of the house.  Once all hazards were addressed command was terminated and all BFR units returned to service.