Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fire Chief's Briefing for August 22 through August 27, 2013

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency activities for the period of August 22 through August 27, 2013.

We responded to 53 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:

Fire: 1

Rupture/Explosion:  1

EMS/Rescue: 39

Service Call: 1

Good Intent: 4

False Call: 7

Here is an overview of significant events from this period’s activities:

Thursday, August 22 at approximately 11:44 pm:

E2 was dispatched on a medical call for a report of an unresponsive patient.  E2 arrived on scene to find an unconscious patient that was barely breathing.  E2 personnel immediately gained control of the patient’s airway and began providing advanced life support.  The patients EKG was assessed and an IV was established by E2 personnel.  EMS arrived on scene and E2 personnel assisted with medication administration.  E2 personnel continued to provide airway support and assisted with moving the patient to the ambulance.  The patient soon regained consciousness and was able to control their airway.  EMS transported the patient to a local hospital an E2 returned to service.   

Friday, August 23 at approximately 11:03 pm:

E1 dispatched on a report of a commercial fire alarm.  E1 arrived on scene to find a multi-story hotel with nothing showing from the outside.  E1 crew members investigated the interior of the building and determined that an occupant had burned food causing the fire alarm to activate.  E1 crew ventilated remaining smoke from the building using an electric fan.  Once the smoke was cleared, the fire alarm was reset and E1 returned to service. 

Monday, August 26 at approximately 6:03 pm:

E1 dispatched on a medical call for a report of injuries from a fall.  E1 arrived on the scene and made contact with patient who appeared to have some facial trauma.  Patient indicated they had briefly lost consciousness and hit their head while falling to the floor.  E1 personnel established spinal immobilization of the patient and continued to assess the patient for further injuries.  EMS arrived on scene and E1 personnel moved the patient to the ambulance.  Once patient care was transferred, EMS transported the patient to a local hospital and E1 cleared the scene.

Tuesday, August 27 at approximately 9:29 pm:

E2 was dispatched on a report of a carbon monoxide alarm.  E2 arrived on scene to find the homeowners had evacuated the structure.  E2 personnel used the gas monitor to investigate the inside of the home.  Elevated levels of carbon monoxide were found on the first floor of the structure and E2 crew members evacuated.  A fan was deployed at the doorway of the residence to ventilate the structure and remove the carbon monoxide.  After a substantial time of ventilation E2 crew members reassessed the carbon monoxide levels.  Dangerous levels were no longer present inside the home but as a precaution the homeowners were advised to leave some windows open at the residence and spend the night elsewhere.  Once all hazards were addressed E2 cleared the scene and returned to quarters.