Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Fire Chief's Briefing for March 1 thorugh March 6, 2013

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of March 1 through March 6, 2013.
We responded to 48 emergency calls for service.
These calls can be broken down into the following categories:
Fire: 3
EMS/Rescue: 34
Service Call: 3
Good Intent: 3
False Call: 5
Here is an overview of significant events from this period’s activities: 
Friday, March 1 at approximately 9:34 am:
E3 was dispatched on a report of an unresponsive person. While enroute further information was provided, indicating that the PT had suffered major trauma, leading them to become unresponsive. Due to this additional information E2 was also dispatched to provide additional aid. E3 arrived on scene and performed a rapid trauma assessment. The PT had a strong pulse but inadequate respirations in addition to severe traumatic injuries. Bystanders had begun attempting to control the PT’s severe bleeding when E3 took over care. Crew members performed advanced life support skills to include endotracheal intubation, bag valve mask ventilations and attachment of the PT to a cardiac monitor. EMS arrived on scene and PT care was transferred. Due to the seriousness of the PT’s injuries, the PT was quickly loaded into the ambulance for emergency transport to an area hospital with an additional Firefighter/Paramedic on board to provide further care while enroute. E3 remained on scene to assist with decontaminating the area. 
Friday, March 1 at approximately 4:20 pm:
All BFR units were dispatched on a reported structure fire. The reporting party stated that there was a fire on their neighbor’s deck, and that they were attempting to extinguish it with a garden hose. E3 arrived first on scene and reported a small fire that had been mostly extinguished by the alert neighbor. E2 and R1 arrived on scene and assisted E3 with extinguishing the remaining hot spots with portable water cans. All other units were cancelled and returned to quarters. The cause of the fire was not able to be determined. Damage was relatively minor.

Sunday, March 3 at approximately 2:05 pm:
All BFR units were dispatched on a reported chimney fire. E2 and R1 arrived first on scene and reported nothing showing. Crew members met with the homeowner who stated they had seen flames coming from the top of the chimney but nothing inside the home. Other units began to arrive on scene and were directed to use ground ladders to inspect the roof. E2 investigated the interior of the residence but found only a light haze and no sign of fire. E1 determined that the fire in the chimney was out and that the cause was an exceptionally dirty chimney. The homeowner was advised to have their chimney cleaned before using it again. With no hazards found, all units were released from the scene and returned to quarters. 
Sunday, March 3 at approximately 2:29 pm:
E1 and C3 were dispatched on a report of a possible wildland fire due to a column of smoke in the area of Murray LN. As BFR units approached the city limits they realized that this was a small debris fire at a construction site outside of city limits. The fire was most likely being used for warmth by on site construction crews. As the call was outside of Brentwood’s jurisdiction, the incident was handed over to the county. E1 and C3 returned to quarters. 
Monday, March 4 at approximately 5:07 am:
E2 was dispatched on a report of an unresponsive PT. Upon arrival crew members found the PT lying supine on the floor pulseless and apneic. E2 immediately began CPR, bag valve mask ventilations with supplemental oxygen, insertion of an airway management adjunct and placed the PT on an AED. EMS arrived on scene and PT care was transferred. EMS established an Intra Osseous IV line before defibrillating the PT which caused them to regain a pulse. Hypothermia protocols were initiated and the PT was transported emergency traffic to an area hospital with one Firefighter/EMT on board to provide further care while enroute.