Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fire Chief's Briefing for February 23 through February 28, 2013

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s Emergency Responses for the period of February 23 through February 28, 2013.

We responded to 37 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:

Fire: 1

EMS/Rescue: 20

Hazardous Condition: 3

Service Call: 2

Good Intent: 8

False Call: 3

Here is an overview of significant events from this period’s activities:

Monday, February 25 at approximately 11:27 am:

All BFR units and an automatic aid assignment from Franklin Fire were dispatched on a report of a possible commercial structure fire. E3 arrived on scene and discovered a light haze of smoke in the building. Franklin Ladder 3 was tasked with investigating the roof where they discovered signs of burned insulation in the HVAC system. Further investigations both inside and outside the structure revealed no other hazards. All units not on scene were released, and crews opened the HVAC system and removed the smoldering materials. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear the remaining smoke from the building. Once this was complete and a final check for hazards turned up empty, all units cleared the scene.

Monday, February 25 at approximately 9:13 pm:

E1 was dispatched on a report of carbon monoxide in a home. Upon arrival crew members met the residents outside and learned that a vehicle had been left running in the garage for approximately 90 minutes. There were no CO monitors in the home and the family only learned of the running vehicle due to the family dog alerting them to something out of the ordinary. E1 utilized their gas monitor but found no hazards in the home. The homeowners were advised to purchase CO monitors for their home.

Wednesday, February 27 at approximately 2:38 am:

E3 was dispatched on a report of an unresponsive individual locked inside a running vehicle. Upon arrival crew members met with BPD who advised they had shaken the vehicle and banged on the windows but were unable to rouse the occupant. E3 utilized their lockout kit to gain access to the vehicle and were able to gain the attention of the driver and sole occupant. The PT had an altered mental status and was confused as to where they were and what was going on. No trauma was suspected, and the PT was loaded into the awaiting ambulance for non-emergency transport to an area hospital.

Wednesday, February 27 at approximately 11:36 pm:

E2 was dispatched on a request for assistance lifting a fallen individual. Upon arrival crew members found the PT lying with their face in the cushions of their couch and exhibiting signs of altered mental status. Family members reported the PT had begun a new medication regime and that the PT had taken the maximum recommended dosage. Shortly thereafter they had become altered and unable to respond appropriately or stand up. EMS was requested to the scene in order to transport the PT to an area hospital. While EMS was enroute E2 established an IV and administered Narcan to counteract the effects of the medication. The PT began to become more lucid but still required transport.

Thursday, February 28 at approximately 1:33 am:

E3 was dispatched on a report of a woman in labor. A Williamson County Sherriff’s Deputy performed a traffic stop on a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed north bound on I-65, and discovered that a passenger in the vehicle was in active labor. EMS was on scene prior to E3’s arrival, and E3’s crew assisted with delivery of a set of twins. The deliveries were both uncomplicated and all three patients (the mother and both newborns) remained stable throughout the call. Once delivery was complete, they were all transported emergency traffic to an area hospital. One firefighter assisted by driving the family’s vehicle to the hospital so the remainder of the family could be with the mother.