Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fire Chief's Briefing for January 24 Through January 29, 2013

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of January 24 through January 29, 2013.
We responded to 40 emergency calls for service.
These calls can be broken down into the following categories:
Rupture/Explosion: 1
EMS/Rescue: 23
Service Call: 1 
Good Intent: 3
False Call: 12
Here is an overview of significant events from this period’s activities:
Thursday, January 24 at approximately 1:38 pm:
E3 was dispatched on a report of an unresponsive person. Upon arrival crew members found the PT lying on the ground with a pulse, but unresponsive and without sufficient respiratory effort. E3’s Paramedic performed a rapid trauma assessment while other crew members obtained vital signs and managed the PT’s airway.  EMS arrived on scene and PT care was transferred.  The PT was then secured to a long spine board and immobilized with a cervical collar before being loaded into the ambulance. The signs and symptoms exhibited suggested a possible overdose, and Narcan was administered once an IV was established. The PT regained consciousness and spontaneous respirations before being transported non-emergency to an area hospital.
Friday, January 25 at approximately 7:52 pm:
C3, E2 and E4 were dispatched on an inside investigation for a report of a possible natural gas leak in a residence. Upon arrival E4 met with the homeowner who stated that he thought he smelled an odor of gas and witnessed smoke in his garage. Crew members turned off the gas to the home before making entry to investigate. It was determined that the pressure relief valve on the water heater had activated, releasing large amounts of steam which had in set off the smoke detector. All other responding units were cancelled while E4 turned off the water to the home before turning the gas back on. With no further hazards found, E4 cleared the scene and returned to quarters.
Saturday, January 26 at approximately 9:15 pm:
All BFR units were dispatched on a report of a structure fire. E4 was the first unit to arrive on scene and reported nothing showing before establishing Incident Command. Crew members met briefly with the homeowner before entering the home and encountering a slight haze in the kitchen accompanied by a smell of overheated electrical equipment. After a thorough check of the home utilizing the TIC, it was determined that the dishwasher was malfunctioning. It was unplugged and the homeowner was advised to have a service technician inspect it. With no further hazards, all units were returned to service.
Monday, January 28 at approximately 8:28 pm:
E3 and R1 were dispatched on a reported 3 car MVA with rollover. Due to additional information received by dispatchers, C3 and E2 were also dispatched for manpower assistance. Upon arrival on scene, E3 reported two vehicles in the roadway and one which had rolled off the roadway and ended up on its roof in the trees. Crew members began checking all involved parties for injuries and found that out of the 5 people involved, only the driver of the vehicle on its roof had suffered injuries and those were minor. PT care was transferred to EMS upon their arrival. All units other than E3 were released from the call. E3 remained on scene to assist with traffic control until the vehicles and debris had been removed. With no further hazards found, E3 returned to quarters.
Tuesday, January 29 at approximately 10:38 pm:
E1 and R1 were dispatched on a reported single vehicle rollover accident. Upon arrival crew members found the occupant of the vehicle out and walking around. The PT initially did not wish to seek medical aid, but was later convinced by their parents due to the severity of the wreck. Crew members turned PT care over to EMS and investigated the vehicle to ensure it posed no further hazards. The PT was transported non-emergency to an area hospital.