Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Fire Chief's Briefing for March 4 through March 9, 2012

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of March 4 through March 9, 2012.

We responded to 41 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:

Fire: 2

EMS/Rescue: 20

Hazardous Condition: 4

Service Call: 2

Good Intent: 7

False Call: 6

Here is an overview of significant events from this period’s emergency activities:

Sunday, March 4 at approximately 10:31 am:

E3 was dispatched on a reported grass fire. Upon arrival, E3's crew observed an area approximately 80ft by 80ft that was burning. Franklin Fire was on the scene and had a 1 3/4 inch handline pulled and was in the process of extinguishing the fire. The majority of the fire had been knocked down prior to BF&R's arrival. E3's crew assisted them by hitting hot spots with a Pressurized Water can, then relieved them by extinguishing the remainder of the with the hose. E3's crew assisted with clean up and rolling hose before clearing the scene.

Monday, March 5 at approximately 2:27 pm:

E1 was dispatched on a report of a possible grass fire. Upon arrival, crew members found a homeowner who was burning grass and leaves in their yard. The property did not meet the criteria for a burn permit to be issued, so the homeowner was asked to extinguish the fire. Once the fire was out and it was determined to no longer be a hazard, E1 cleared the scene and returned to quarters.

Tuesday, March 6 at approximately 5:30 pm:

E1 was dispatched on a report of injuries sustained while participating in a sporting event. Upon arrival, E1 found 1 PT in severe pain, exhibiting signs and symptoms of shock and a lower extremity deformity. On site medical staff had already splinted the injury. E1’s crew obtained the PT’s medical history and baseline vitals before providing basic life support including establishing IV access and providing fluids. EMS arrived on scene, PT care was transferred, and EMS transported the PT to an area hospital for further treatment.

Friday, March 9 at approximately 9:02 am:

E2 was dispatched on a report of injuries from a fall. Upon arrival, E2 found 1 PT lying on the ground. A family member reported that the PT had landed on their head and possibly hyper-extended their neck. Crew members immediately took cervical spine immobilization precautions to include placing the PT on a long spine board with a cervical collar. As the PT was assessed, a full body trauma assessment revealed no other obvious injuries. EMS arrived on scene, PT care was transferred, and the PT was transported non-emergency to an area hospital for further treatment.