Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Fire Chief's Briefing for February 18 through February 23, 2014

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of February 18 through February 23, 2014.

We responded to 45 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:

Fire: 1

EMS/Rescue: 23

Hazardous Condition: 1

Service Call: 3

Good Intent: 5

False Call: 11

Other: 1

Wednesday, February 19 at approximately 5:17 pm:

E3 was dispatched on a report of a vehicle fire in a parking lot.  Initial dispatch information indicated that smoke was coming from the trunk of the vehicle.  E3 arrived on the scene to find one vehicle with no visible fire or smoke.  Crew members accessed the trunk and found that a wire to a speaker had shorted out causing a small amount of smoke.  BFR personnel disconnected power to the speaker, ensuring that there was no further possibility of ignition.  The car was again inspected with a thermal imaging camera and the owner was advised to have a technician repair the wiring.  With no further hazards E3 returned to service and quarters. 

Thursday, February 20 at approximately 7:30 am:

E3 was dispatched on a medical call for a report of a patient with respiratory distress.  The Engine arrived on scene and make contact with the patient who was visibly having difficulty breathing.  Crew members quickly administered a breathing treatment and obtained IV access.  E3’s paramedic assessed the patient by performing an EKG and using capnography.  The patient’s breathing began to improve as EMS arrived on the scene.  Patient care was transferred and E3 personnel helped move the patient to the ambulance.  EMS transported the patient to a local hospital and E3 returned to service.

Saturday, February 22 at approximately 7:18:

E4 was dispatched on a fire alarm at a residence.  While enroute, dispatch upgraded the call to a structure fire after confirming with the caller that their microwave was on fire.  E4 arrived on scene to find a two story home with no smoke or fire visible.  Crew members entered the home and found that a dry chemical fire extinguisher had been used to extinguish the fire.  All other responding units were cancelled by command.  The microwave was removed from the home and the kitchen was assessed for possible fire extension.  Once it was determined that there were no further hazards E4 personnel restored power to the residence.  The homeowners were advised of the situation and E4 returned to service.