Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Fire Chief's Briefing for December 8 through December 13, 2013

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of December 8 through December 13, 2013.

We responded to 63 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:

Fire: 1

EMS/Rescue: 39

Hazardous Condition: 4

Service Call: 1

Good Intent: 5

False Call: 11

Here is an overview of significant events from this period’s activities:

Sunday, December 8 at approximately 12:17 pm:

All BFR units dispatched to a reported structure fire at a commercial building.  E3 arrived on scene to find a single story restaurant with no smoke or flames visible.  C2 arrived on scene and established incident command.  E3 personnel made contact with an employee who indicated that a griddle was emitting fire.  Upon entry into the structure, crew members encountered light smoke but no fire.  Command cancelled all other responding units.  BFR personnel examined the griddle and found that arcing wires were causing a second fire to ignite.  The fire was extinguished using a dry chemical extinguisher.  Power to the griddle was cut off and the interior was investigated for any possible fire extension.  Management was advised not to use the appliance until it had been repaired by a technician.  Once all hazards were addressed, E3 and C2 returned to service.

Sunday, December 8 at approximately 12:38 pm:

E4 and R1 were dispatched on a report of a possible motor vehicle accident with injuries.  E4 arrived on scene to find one vehicle off the roadway with significant roll over damage.  E4 personnel investigated and found that all occupants were out of the vehicle with non-critical injuries.  EMS arrived on scene and began providing patient care with assistance of BFR personnel.  R1 was cancelled by E4 due to no patient entrapment.  The patients were immobilized due to possible spinal injuries and loaded into the ambulance.  Once the patients had been transported, crew members checked the vehicle for hazards.  No further hazards were present and E4 cleared the scene.  

Friday, December 13 at approximately 11:56 am:

E1, E4 and C3 were dispatched on an inside investigation.  Initial dispatch information indicated that a strong smell of smoke was present in a local business.  E1 arrived on scene to find a single story business with no smoke or flames visible from the outside.  C3 arrived on scene and cancelled E4’s response.  Investigation of the interior using a thermal imaging camera revealed that some outlets in the building were showing an above normal temperature.  Power to the affected outlets was shut off at the breaker box and the rest of the building was checked for any signs of fire.  No further hazards were found and the temperature at the outlets had decreased to a normal level.  The management staff was advised to contact an electrician before restoring power.  E1 and C3 cleared the scene and returned to quarters. 

Friday, December 13 at approximately 5:41 pm:

E2 and R1 were dispatched on a report of a motor vehicle accident with injuries on I-65.  E2 and R1 arrived on scene to find a 3 car, rear end type collision.  BFR personnel began assessing the passengers for injuries.  Spinal immobilization was initiated immediately due to the possibility of injury. Crew members addressed the patient’s other injuries and moved the patient to the ambulance that arrived on scene.  Patient care was transferred to EMS and BFR personnel assisted with care until transport.  All vehicles were checked for hazards including leaking fluids.  Control of the scene was transferred to THP and all BFR units returned to service.