Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fire Chief's Briefing for April 30 through May 5, 2013

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of April 30 through May 5, 2013.
We responded to 50 emergency calls for service. 
These calls can be broken down into the following categories:
Fire: 1
EMS/Rescue: 25
Hazardous Condition: 1
Service Call: 2
Good Intent: 8
False Call: 13
Here is an overview of significant events from this period’s activities:
Wednesday, May 1 at approximately 6:25 pm:
E4 and R1 were dispatched on a report of an unresponsive individual. While enroute BFR Dispatch advised responding units that the PT had been operating a piece of heavy equipment and was in a small creek, unresponsive. Williamson County EMS requested a Lifeflight helicopter to be dispatched as well. E2 was then dispatched to coordinate the landing zone for the helicopter. E4 arrived on scene and reported one PT unresponsive and critical but not trapped in the equipment. R1 arrived on scene and brought their Stokes Basket to facilitate removing the PT from the area. Williamson County EMS performed a rapid trauma assessment and determined the PT had suffered a traumatic head injury. Vitals were obtained, endotracheal intubation was performed and the PT was transported via helicopter to an area hospital.  
Thursday, May 2 at approximately 9:53 am:
All BFR units were dispatched on a report of a possible structure fire. Upon arrival units found a light haze in the structure but no signs of fire. During the investigation of the smoke it was determined that a battery charger in the garage had overheated, burning its wiring and causing the smoke. L1 used its positive pressure ventilation fan to remove the smoke from the structure. Once the home was clear and it was determined that there had been no fire spread, all units were released and returned to quarters.

Friday, May 3 at approximately 4:54 pm:
E1 was dispatched for an outside investigation due to a report of smoke in the area. Upon arrival crew members found a dumpster behind a building fully involved with fire.  E1 deployed a 1 ¾” foam line and extinguished the fire. Crew members checked for extension to the building but found none. The electric meter on the structure had been slightly damaged by radiant heat from the dumpster fire. With no other hazards found, E1 cleared the scene and returned to quarters.
Saturday, May 4 at approximately 8:44 am:
E4 was dispatched on a report of a broken water line in a home. Upon arrival crew members met with the homeowner who stated that they had a broken pipe in their home. E4 turned off the water to the residence, stopping the leak. The homeowner was instructed to contact a plumber. With no further hazards, E4 cleared the scene and retuned to quarters.
Saturday, May 4 at approximately 11:45 am:
BFR E3 was dispatched as automatic aid for a report of a structure fire in Franklin. Franklin Fire arrived first on scene and reported nothing showing but a light haze was present in the structure. BFR E3 arrived on scene and assisted FFD E3 with searching the building, but no hazards were found. BFR E3 was released from the scene and returned to quarters.
Sunday, May 5 at approximately 2:32 am:
E4 was dispatched on a medical call for a possible allergic reaction. Crew members arrived to find the PT complaining of difficulty breathing accompanied by facial swelling.  The PT was assessed to include obtaining vital signs and listening to breath sounds. While discussing transport to the hospital, the PT began exhibiting labored breathing and their blood oxygen level diminished rapidly. The PT was quickly placed on oxygen and packaged for transport to an area hospital.