Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Fire Chief's Briefing for February 11 through February 16, 2013

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of February 11 through February 16, 2013.
We responded to 40 emergency calls for service. 
These calls can be broken down into the following categories:
EMS/Rescue: 27
Hazardous Condition: 3
Service Call: 3
Good Intent: 2
False Call: 5
Here is an overview of significant events from this period’s activities: 
Thursday, February 14 at approximately 9:18 am:
E2 was dispatched to a local athletic club for a report of an unresponsive PT. Upon arrival crew members made contact with the PT who was sitting on the floor but awake, alert and oriented to what was going on. The PT had started a new diet the previous day and felt that they may have overdone it at the gym. Bystanders reported that the PT passed out, hit their head on the wall and was unconscious for approximately 30 seconds. Crew members assessed the PT and found all vital signs within normal limits with no signs of trauma, but the PT decided to seek further medical care due to never having passed out before. Care was transferred to EMS before the PT was packaged for transport to an area hospital. 
Thursday, February 14 at approximately 11:48 am:
E1 was dispatched on a report of an unresponsive PT. Upon arrival crew members located the PT lying unconscious on the floor. As the PT was being assessed, manual spinal immobilization was performed along with a sternal rub, which caused the PT to awaken, but they were confused as to what was going on and how they ended up on the ground. No obvious injuries were found but vital signs revealed low blood pressure and oxygen saturation levels. E1 established an IV prior to transferring care to EMS. The PT was packaged for transport and loaded into an awaiting ambulance before being taken to an area hospital.
Saturday, February 16 at approximately 3:05 pm:
E2 and R1 were dispatched to a local facility on a report of a smell of natural gas. Upon arrival, crew members located the gas meter and determined that it was showing higher than ordinary flow rates. By following the gas lines into the building, E2 was able to find a leak in the boiler unit. The local gas utility company responded to the scene and secured the gas to the boiler. Building maintenance was made aware of the deficit and plans were made to have the issue corrected on Monday. With no further hazards found, all units cleared the scene and returned to quarters.