Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fier Chief's Briefing for February 5 through February 10, 2013

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of February 5 through February 10, 2013.

We responded to 36 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:
Hazardous Condition: 1
Good Intent: 3
False Call: 5
Here is an overview of significant events from this period’s activites:

Sunday, February 10 at approximately 10:47 am:

E2 was dispatched on a report of injuries from a fall on a bike path.  Due to the location of the PT, neither the fire truck nor the ambulance was able to drive directly to them, necessitating hiking the equipment to the scene. Upon arrival at the PT crew members began a rapid trauma assessment which revealed an obvious deformity to the PT’s elbow and tenderness in the PT’s ankle. Crew members quickly splinted the injuries and prepared the PT for transport. PD was able to gain access to the area with a patrol car which was used to remove the PT to the awaiting ambulance for non-emergency transport to an area hospital. 
Sunday, February 10 at approximately 12:42 pm:
All BFR units were dispatched on a report of a possible structure fire. E4 arrived first on scene and established incident command. The occupants were out of the home and reported that food inside their oven was burning but that the oven had been turned off. E4 made entry into the home and found a pan of burning oil. All other responding units were cancelled. The burning oil was extinguished and removed from the structure. There was significant smoke, so crew members set up the positive pressure fan to ventilate the structure. With no further hazards found command was terminated and all companies returned to their previous assignments.