Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Fire Chief's briefing for September 1st through September 5th, 2012

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of September 1 through September 5, 2012.

We responded to 39 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:
EMS/Rescue: 16
Service Call: 6
Good Intent: 6
False Call: 11

Tuesday, September 4 at approximately 6:18 am:
E4 was dispatched on a report of 1 PT unresponsive. Upon arrival crew members found PT lying in bed, unresponsive, pulseless, and without sufficient respirations. EMS arrived on scene and PT care was transferred. EMS and E4 crew members initiated CPR and performed bag valve mask ventilations. Advanced Life Support interventions were performed, to include Intra-Osseous fluid therapy, cardiac resuscitation drugs, cardiac monitoring and defibrillation. The PT was then prepared for transport, loaded into the ambulance, and transported to an area hospital with one firefighter on board to provide further PT care while enroute.

Tuesday, September 4 at approximately 2:38 pm:
E2 was dispatched on a report of a child locked in a non-running vehicle. Upon arrival crew members were able to quickly utilize their lock out kit to remove the child from the vehicle and move to a shady area for assessment. A rapid trauma assessment revealed that the child was hot to the touch and lethargic. Crew members used chemical ice packs to actively cool the child and return them to normal. EMS was summoned to the scene for further PT care. E2 was released from the scene and returned to quarters.

Tuesday, September 4 at approximately 6:38 pm:
E2 was dispatched on a report of 1 PT possibly dehydrated. Upon arrival, crew members found 1 PT in the driveway of their home. The PT had been participating in a sporting event, and upon arriving home began to act lethargic and show other signs of heat related injuries. Supportive care was initiated, to include oxygen therapy and intravenous fluids. Fluid resuscitation improved the PT’s mental status. Upon arrival of EMS, PT care was transferred before the PT was loaded into the ambulance for non-emergency transport to an area hospital for further care and evaluation.