Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fire Chief's Briefing for January 28 through February 2, 2012

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of January 28 through February 2, 2012.

We responded to 53 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:

Fire: 5

EMS/Rescue: 37

Service Call: 2

Good Intent: 4

False Call: 5

Here is an overview of significant events from this period’s activities:

Saturday, January 28 at approximately 6:00 pm:

All BFR units were dispatched on a reported oven fire, however all responding apparatus with the exception of E2 and R1 were downgraded to non-emergency response due to the occupant contacting dispatch to report that the fire was out. Upon arrival E2 and R1 discovered that the owner was utilizing the self cleaning feature of the oven when a buildup of grease in the bottom of the oven caught fire. E2 canceled all other units before providing ventilation to clear the odor from the home. The owner was advised to clean the remaining build up out of the oven before use. No damage was noted. With no further hazards found, all units returned to service.

Sunday, January 29 at approximately 2:08 am:

E2, R1 and C3 responded to a mutual aid request from Nolensville Volunteer Fire Department to assist with a structure fire.

BFR units arrived to find heavy fire showing from the C (back) side of a residential duplex next to the main home of a horse farm.

Crew members performed fire attack and assisted with extinguishing the fire and performing overhaul. E2’s officer served as the water resource officer, supervising tanker operations as no hydrant was available. Once all hazards were mitigated, all BFR units were released from the scene and returned to quarters.

Sunday, January 29 at approximately 12:40 pm:

Fire Department personnel at Fire Station 2 noticed heavy smoke showing from a brushy area directly across the street from the station. Upon investigating, a large brush fire covering an area of approximately 3 acres comprised of brush and grass was found to be on fire. E2 and R1 were already on scene, but requested Brush 1 (a 4 wheel drive pickup with a water tank and pump suitable for accessing off road locations, stationed at Fire Station #4) C3, and E4 to respond. Crew members utilized wildland firefighting tools and pressurized water cans to extinguish much of the blaze while Brush 1 was en-route.  Upon arrival of B1, it’s water and foam was utilized to complete extinguishment and wet the area down to prevent a rekindle. With the hazards mitigated, all units cleared the scene and returned to quarters.

Sunday, January 29 at approximately 8:48 pm:

E1 was dispatched on a report of a vehicle fire.  Upon arrival, E1 found 1 SUV with a fully involved engine compartment.  E1 utilized its rear foam pre-connected line and extinguished the fire.  No additional hazards were present.  E1 remained on scene to overhaul the vehicle and ensure the fire was completely out before returning to quarters.

Monday, January 30 at approximately 5:37 pm:

E2 and R1 were dispatched for a personal injury accident; motorcycle vs car. Upon arrival, one PT was found laying the roadway, ejected from the motorcycle. Crews performed basic life support skills including PT assessment and spinal immobilization. The PT did not have any critical injuries, and care was transferred to EMS before being loaded into the ambulance for non-emergency transport to an area hospital.

Monday, January 30 at approximately 5:51 pm:

E3 responded to report of PIA with one PT on the ground. E3 arrived on scene and found multiple vehicles involved in the wreck. E3 established Incident Command and began assessing the scene. No other patients were found beyond the one on the ground. R1 arrived on the scene after clearing from the previous wreck. Due to the initial dispatch information as well as the previous wreck on the interstate creating traffic issues, Life Flight was requested, and R1’s crew assisted in setting up a landing zone. E2 arrived on scene and command was transferred to E2’s officer so that E3’s crew could focus on PT care. The PT was stabilized and prepared for transport. Once Life Flight lifted off, all fire apparatus returned to service.

Monday, January 30 at approximately 11:07 pm:

E3 was dispatched on a report of injuries from a fall. Upon arrival E3 found 1 PT lying on the ground with obvious deformities to their leg. The PT stated that they had fallen at about 8:00 pm but that they had to crawl approximately 60 feet in order to call for help. E3 performed PT assessment and Basic Life Support to include stabilization of the injury and preparing the PT for transport. PT care was transferred to EMS before the PT was loaded into an ambulance for transport to an area hospital.

Thursday, January 2 at approximately 5:04 pm:

E1 was dispatched to a grass fire at the 73 mile marker on Interstate 65. Upon arrival crew members found a 20 x 30 area on the shoulder of the interstate on fire. A 1 3/4 inch hoseline was utilized to extinguish the fire. Due to the location of the fire, Nashville Fire had also been dispatched. While E1 was extinguishing the fire, NFD arrived on the scene and assisted with extinguishment. Once the fire was out E1 returned to quarters.