Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Fire Chief's Briefing for May 19 Through May 24, 2014

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of May 19 through May 24, 2014.

We responded to 33 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:

Fire: 1

EMS/Rescue: 20

Hazardous Condition: 1

Good Intent: 5

False Call: 6

Monday, May 19 at approximately 5:53 am: 

E3 and C3 were dispatched on an automatic aid call for a possible commercial structure fire in Franklin.  Initial dispatch information indicated smoke and the smell of something burning were present inside the structure.  E3 arrived on scene to find a single story commercial structure with no smoke or flames visible.  BFR personnel were instructed to assist with investigation of the interior of the structure.  Crew members searched the interior for any signs of fire using the thermal imaging camera.  After further investigation the cause of the smell was found to be a malfunctioning HVAC unit.  Once all hazards had been addressed, command released E3 and C3 from the scene. 

Friday, May 23 at approximately 3:32 pm: 

E11 and C3 were dispatched on a mutual aid call in Arrington VFD’s district.  Initial dispatch information indicated that Nolensville VFD and Arrington VFD personnel were working to extinguish a fully involved track hoe. E11 was requested to respond to the scene because of its onboard compressed air foam system (CAFS).  Due to its small size E11 was able to make access to the scene and extinguish the fire using the CAFS.  Once the fire was extinguished E11 and C3 were released from the scene and returned to quarters.