Thank you for visiting our Blog.

This page is not intended to be a public forum, and any comments posted to this page will be deleted. Please send your comments and questions to us at Please refer to for the privacy policy and disclaimers that apply to this Blog.

See our newest videos on YouTube

To check out our latest YouTube videos, please click one of the images below. Our YouTube Channel, which has more videos, can be found in the links section of this page.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Fire Chief's Briefing for March 28 through April 2, 2012

Here is a summary of Brentwood Fire and Rescue’s emergency responses for the period of March 28 through April 2, 2012.

We responded to 39 emergency calls for service.

These calls can be broken down into the following categories:
Fire: 1
EMS/Rescue: 31
Service Call: 2
Good Intent: 2
False Call: 3

Here is an overview of significant events from this period’s activities:

Wednesday, March 28 at approximately 1:38 pm:
All BFR units as well as automatic aid units from Franklin were dispatched on a reported Commercial Structure Fire. Alarm advised that there was fire and smoke visible from an air conditioning unit on the side of the business. E3 arrived first on scene, established command, and advised all other responding units that they had a 1 story commercial building with light smoke visible from the bravo (left) side. There was a BPD officer on the scene prior to E3's arrival who had discharged a fire extinguisher.  As E3 crew members approached the HVAC unit, there was no fire visible. At this point all other responding units were cancelled. Utilizing the TIC, E3's crew removed the ceiling tiles and checked above the ceiling for extension of fire into the structure. Nothing was found. FFD's crew investigated the business next door and found nothing.
FFD was then released from the scene. E3’s officer investigated the origin of the fire and determined that carelessly discarded smoking materials had caused the fence around the HVAC unit to ignite. There were no further hazards. E3 terminated command and went available.

Wednesday, March 28 at approximately 5:42 pm:
E4 was dispatched on a report of an unresponsive PT. Upon arrival, E4 found 1 PT seated at the dinner table. The PT was found to be unresponsive, pulse less, and without spontaneous respirations. Crew members moved the PT to the floor and immediately initiated CPR. Basic Life Support was initiated, including oxygen therapy, ventilations via bag valve mask, and oral airway adjuncts. EMS arrived on scene and E4’s paramedic/firefighter established an intraosceous IV and administered resuscitation drugs. PT care was transferred, the PT was loaded into an awaiting ambulance and transported emergency traffic to an area hospital with one firefighter/paramedic on board to provide further care while enroute.